1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

slap help?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by mrchief128, Nov 28, 2006.

1. mrchief128

mrchief128

Nov 28, 2006
    once again, i'm not sure if this is the right section to ask this (if it isn't tell me where to go), but i'm a beginner bassist...kinda...i can play a bit...but, i'm trying to work on slap lately and...yeah...i just want some pointers..mainly stuff on how to be accurate on anything but the 1st string...i can slap pretty good (imo) on the first string, but i have troubles on the other strings

2. go to the technique section of the forums
    do a search for slap style
    you'll get answers

3. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Did you try the Technique section? Did you try searching?

I realize the Section names on Talkbass are rather cryptic. I mean, with such difficult to understand names as BASSES, AMPS, EFFECTS, STRINGS, and TECHNIQUE, to name a few, I wouldn't know where to post either, were I new to the board. But a little patient research into the contents of each section will reveal general themes as to the discussions that take place within each section. However, the plus side to all this is that you will have plenty of time to learn how to slap properly, once you find what you're looking for, because clearly, you're spending no time reading through and searching the board for the information you require.

In summation, go to the Technique forum, and do a Search.

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I can actually picture the real Trooper Farva when reading this.

5. it doesnt hurt to be nice to new people either farv

6. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    +1