1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Slap on carved top (hybrid) bass

Discussion in 'Rockabilly [DB]' started by AlBass, Dec 6, 2019.

1. yousaiditman

yousaiditman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2011
    SoCal
    DNA
    I had one made by a local luthier and fitted for my bass. I also bought the tools to install and remove it myself. I don't think any bass builder has a second sound post option, but I could be wrong. I think Jason at BC still offers a built-in double post system you can add to your order, but I wanted the option to install and remove one myself. Here are pics of my bass, the tools and second sound post. Again it's custom made for my bass so yours may end up looking different.

Attached Files:

2. DukeCC

DukeCC

Nov 4, 2016
    Indiana
    Thanks for the pics. I picked up a used BC with only 1 sound post. I'm still playing my CCB bass live though, because I keep dragging my feet getting the BC feedback reduction improved. I need to get back on track!

yousaiditman likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021