slap plate

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by XxBlackOrchidxX, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. XxBlackOrchidxX


    Dec 23, 2003
    does anyone know where | can get one ? and how much it would cost ?
  2. rhinestone


    Jan 5, 2004
    From my experience, it's quite hard to find them online. They usually have to be custom made for your bass, since too high would result in a carrying tone and too low would result in the strings hitting the fretboard. I guess you could make one yourself or just buy some new frets and shave a couple down and install them.
  3. Aaron Saunders

    Aaron Saunders

    Apr 27, 2002
    Slap...plate? Ehwhat?
  4. rhinestone


    Jan 5, 2004
    A slap plate is a plate of metal that sits on the end of the fretboard on a fretless allowing you to slap without damaging your fretboard.