Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Slap Pop songs

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by XXWaRwIcKBaSSXX, Feb 5, 2003.

1. XXWaRwIcKBaSSXX

XXWaRwIcKBaSSXX

Jan 2, 2003
    Ive been playing for around 7 months... and im gettin pretty good, i just need some good slap songs, but not just slap, ive seen bands go slap crazy but with no pop, slap and pop are like peas and carrots... you know? Anyone have any good suggestions for a good Slap Pop song... not just pop

2. Aeroplane - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Tommy the Cat - Primus
    almost any Primus song has good slap/pop.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Classical Thump by Victor Wooten.

4. Also try "steve morse band". Dave Larue is an incredible slapper. A few years ago I tried "stressfest", and it's still to this day, one of the hardest slapping songs I've learned. I don't remember which tape it was on, I have several.

5. Take the Power Back by Ratm

6. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    haha, take the power back?!, try, jerry was a race car driver, laquer head, tommy the cat, and is it luck by primus excellent slap songs, and once uve put them to sleep, have a crack at victor wootens bass slap solo ''Classical Thump''

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Try Larry Graham stuff with Graham Central Station or Sly and the Family Stone. He is largely considered the inventor of slap/pop (or what he calls thumpin' and pluckin') on electric bass.

His songs "Hair" and "Can You Handle It" are good ones as well as Sly and the Family's "Thank You."
    There's a good "Best of.." collection out for Graham Central Station. I really like "Hair" as it has kind of a different feel to it that is unusual but very grooving.

brad cook