1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Slap question

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by robbie1973, Apr 16, 2010.

1. robbie1973

robbie1973

Aug 29, 2009
    lower the action the easier or a bit higher action? I have action very low and my slap alwasy sounds sloppy. I am guessing it's 90% my technique but not sure if action can be to low for slap...

Just looking for feedback

2. You should be able to slap with even the lowest of actions. Do you slap on the finger board? I have seen a lot of bassists slapping back by the pickups that's why I ask? if you slap on the finger board you will get a better sound.

3. robbie1973

robbie1973

Aug 29, 2009
    Ya I do slap by the fingerboard. I am self taught as I can't really seem to find a slap teacher in Ottawa Ontario (hint in case anyone knows of one)
    I am using the slap it book. I struggle slapping the D and really struggle slapping the G string

4. Slap lightly. Don't have to nail it, the idea is just to get the string to ring out.

Randy