Slap video clips?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by ducati151, May 10, 2004.

1. ducati151

May 4, 2004
    I just ordered my bass off of rondomusic(can't wait for it to come, btw, how long did it take you to get yours?) and I heard that people are extremely impressed by slapping. I've read some things on the internet about it, but have never seen a video clip of it. Do any of you know where any quicktime or shockwave video clips are on the net? Sorry, don't have wmv, i have a macintosh computer.

Can't wait to :bassist:
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    First, don't worry about whether something is impressive to others, if that is why you choose to learn an instrument or a new playing style then you are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Second, you should practice regular styles (picking, fingerstyle) for a few months before trying advanced techniques

To answer your question, go to and find the lessons section. Watch the video on Classical Thump, this demonstrates slapping and double thumping (a different form of slapping, you'll know which is which)

Hope that helps, Welcome to the lows
    Adam Barkley
  3. I agree. Too many times I've heard an impressive slap line being played in a music shop and then the guy playing it can barely play a simple finger style line. ALL FLASH NO SUBSTANCE. I love to play a funky slap line, but don't do it just to impress. Develop a good basic technique first so that you can play anything if the need be. Then when you play that funky slap line, you'll not only impress, but blow their freakin' heads off.
  4. ondray

Jun 3, 2004