1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Slap

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by statusquofan, Aug 14, 2007.

1. statusquofan

statusquofan

Aug 14, 2007
    Blackburn
    Sorry, I'm new. What sort of settings should I be putting on my amp for a Slap bass tone? I know to take the mid and bass out but I still can't get it. I want it to sound like the new Prince song The One U Wanna C. Thanks!!!

2. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Start flat. Then maybe slightly cut the mids.. try boosting the highs and lows a bit. Perhaps try boosting the low mids and cutting the high mids instead.

3. martin shane

martin shane Guest

Jan 4, 2007
    strings are a factor too. slap bass sounds much better with a fresh set of strings.

4. Exactly, so make sure your not like me, have an amp with only a 3 band high mid and low and unable to boost a mid low or mid highs. I can still get a decent slap tone out of it since I have a Stingray.

5. Feast

Feast

May 12, 2007
    Massachusetts
    same here, I cannot find the best slap tone out of a stingray through a BL600. I have 4 band low, low mid, hi mid, treb.

anyone care to help out?