Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by jyag22, Feb 6, 2006.

1. jyag22

Feb 6, 2006
    I'm curious about the slap technique and how to do it. I want to learn it and i would appreciate some info! Thanks....
  2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Do a search in this forum. There is plenty of info and links to some good starting resources.
  3. Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    Like most things in life having a teacher will cut the learning curve by huge percent. There are many, many books and DVDs on the subject.

Who is a good slapping bassist in your opinion? Buy every recording you can. Take it apart.

There are several key components to the slap techinique. Showing you would be alot easier than trying to write about in a post.

Go see as many great bassists live as you can. You'll learn a ton by watching.

Berklee Press has a book called Slap Bass Lines with a CD...pretty good. There is a book called Slap It not sure of the author but google the title. Victor Wooton has some cool lessons on his site.

Get a teacher. Hit the shed dude
  4. GSRLessard14

GSRLessard14 All-Things-Claypool Enthusiast

Jun 23, 2005
    Newington, CT
  5. tallicabassist0

Feb 16, 2005
    if u wanna get into slapping check out some Primus or any work Les Claypool does

He's what got me into slapping
  6. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    And some basic slapping is some of Flea's (Red hot chili peppers) slap lines

Red hot chili peppers - Higher ground
    Red hot chili peppers - Blackeyed blonde..

Just get some old school chili's albums.