1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

slaving an ampeg pf350 to an ampeg svt 350h?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mplsgetscold, Oct 6, 2013.

1. mplsgetscold

mplsgetscold

Jul 9, 2012
    i have an ampeg svt 350h SS head. i'm looking to get an ampeg pf-350 to either slave to it or use a morley aby switch to run both head simultaneously into my 810.

basically what i'm trying to do is get a bit more head room without spending scrupulous amounts of money.

which is the best way to do this? and how would i properly slave the pf to the svt?

suggestions?

2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    No. You can't do it. You will destroy the amps.

You need separate cabinets, or at least separate speaker loads. You cannot "slave" these in that manner. You can take the output of either head's PRE-AMP (only!) as an input to the power section of either by using the effects loop.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Jim's right.

4. Unless your 810 allows top/bottom split operation. But then each amp would see a 8 ohm load. So your 350H drops to 200 watts and the PF-350 is 250 watts into a 8 ohm load. Total gain of 100 watts over the 350H at 4 ohms, not worth the trouble.

Move up to the PF-800.