Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Slayer - Disciple

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by JustSoYouKnow, Aug 30, 2002.

1. JustSoYouKnow

JustSoYouKnow

Aug 30, 2002
    hey every1! cud u plz help me out. im in desperate need of a tab 2 disciple by the gr8 slayer. if any1 cud tell me where i cud find it or if any1 cud post it i wud b most gr8ful

thanks 4 ur time ;)

2. cant help ya out with the tab, and in my opinion you shouldnt learn songs. nothing against slayer, i love slayer, and going their show on sept. 10, but learning others songs robs you of time you could be making your own. not to mention tabs are no good for teaching any new skills or anything.

and another thing...

using numbers and what not to abbreviate your speech like this:

hey every1! cud u plz help me out. im in desperate need of a tab 2 disciple by the gr8 slayer. if any1 cud tell me where i cud find it or if any1 cud post it i wud b most gr8ful

isnt very cool. and, it wont get you anywhere on talkbass(everyone hates it). sorry i couldnt help ya with the tab, but thats my advice

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    First, I will respectfully disagree against "Not learning other people's songs". Learning songs is a great way for a beginner to get his feet wet, as it were. You show me one good bassist who has "never learned someone else's song". Learn enough songs and you'll begin to see some patterns and chord changes that are popular in whatever genre of music you're studying.

Second, this is not the forum to discuss whether or not tabs will help someone out. Please read the post at the top of the forum. We have had enough threads with responses like "I COULD tab it for you, but tabs suck." Whatever. Please don't post if you can't offer anything relevent. If you really want to discuss the pros and cons of tabs, the gentlemen in General Instruction will be more than happy to agree/disagree with you.

And finally, yeah, typing with the whole numbers for letters thing really doesn't fly here. :)

4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I agree with 'Duck -- even Big M started out as a cover band.

He's also right about the typing thing. If you want someone to take you seriously, you have to come across as having some semblance of intelligence. Most of the veterans 'round here don't take kindly to trolls (not that you are a troll, but you did use the all-too-familiar "troll-speak" that all TalkBassers know and hate).

Good luck in your quest for Slayer!