1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD *Sleek and beautiful Carvin LB-75 w/ piezo, OHSC included*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by songwriter21, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Hey Guys!

I just bought this bass in the last quarter of last year, but I've decided to re-sell it. I can't get used to the neck profile, so there's no point in having such a great bass just sit in my closet.

I'm not sure of the production year, but it's got the current-model electronics and appointments. I think I'm the second owner, because this thing is in mint shape, as far as I can see. I take really good care of my basses, and this thing looks new. The neck straightness is beautiful, and everything works and sounds as smoothly as it should. The new Carvin preamp is a MONSTER! It's so cliche to say, but you really can get a ton of tones from this bass, from mellow to biting in your face. I'm not sure if the pickups are the soapbars or J99A's, but they do it all with ease. I was told that this is an Anniversary model, but I can't see the walnut strip, as the blackbursted edge covers any of that up. Regardless, it sounds freakishly hot. I've set it up well, and put Elixir strings on. This thing is built like a TANK...the new LB-75's take steroids now! Here's the pics: http://s1324.beta.photobucket.com/user/ben_bond1/library/ (I can take more, if you wish)

• Alder body with quilted maple top, rounded body edges, in Blueburst color
    • 5-piece maple/walnut neck with asymetrical contour and clear satin finish
    • Ebony fretboard w/ pearl dot inlays (24 frets)
    • Soapbar, single-coil, or humbucker pickups (non-radiused)
    • 18-volt, 3-band eq w/ optional Piezo control and bridge (string-thru)
    • Dunlop Straploks
    • Elixir strings
    • Black hardware
    • Original hardshell case

I've barely played this instrument...only in my apartment, not even at a rehearsal. I'm asking $800, since it's in damned-near new shape, and it's got a pretty much new set of Elixirs ready to roar. The bass will be more than secure in it's case, and with the shipping box that I still have. Since Paypal is getting ridiculous, I only take USPS money orders and cashier's checks anymore. Personal checks just take too long to clear. I won't ship outside of the U.S. (Alaska and Hawaii will have costlier shipping). If you live around Pittsburgh, PA, then maybe we can arrange a local pickup. Thanks for looking, and happy jamming!!

2. Vomish

Vomish

Sep 22, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Beautiful bass. What's the weight on it?

3. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    I'll have to weigh it tonight. It's not really a lightweight, but man does it grind...thing's built like a tank!

I'll have numbers for ya soon!

4. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Okay, I brought the bass into work, weighed it on my industrial scale, and it comes out to about 9 lbs. That's certainly lighter than I thought...my Ibanez BTB must be a frickin' brute! :eek:

5. Bassman8416

Bassman8416 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Beautiful Bass, at a nice price.

6. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    I've lowered the price to $650 shipped...quite the smokin' deal for an instrument this impressive.

Oh, and in case you are all wondering if there's a logo on the headstock, there indeed is a sneaky little black one hiding within the burst. Also, the hardshell case that comes with this bass is the black one that is currently being used by Carvin.

7. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Great bass! I currently have BB75 and BB70 basses. However, I'm moving toward closer string spacing.

Is the string spacing on this 17.5 or 16.5 mm?

What don't you like about the neck profile? The BBs are thin from front to back and fast. :)

Suppose someone was willing to throw in an extra $10, would you be willing to take PayPal?

8. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
  9. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Mojojim, thanks for willing to chip in the extra dough, but that'd be violating a big TB rule (having customers pay the Paypal fee). You could ask one of the admins, though, and see what they think. If they're fine with it, then we've got a deal. Oh, and the spacing is 19mm, with the optional wider neck.

Bob, thanks for the added info and pics! The neck profile is beefier than my Ibanez, and beefier than my '03 LB75 that I had. I'm used to a really flat neck now, but this Carvin is SOLID! The factory must be pumping "wood steroids" into their lumber now. :p

10. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Dang. As I mentioned, I need a 16.5 mm spacing ... for chord work.

Someone buy this beauty!

11. KevinC

KevinC Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2002
    West Des Moines, IA
    PM to you!

12. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Guys, I have a number of people in line for this bass, so the earlier the interest, the earlier you'll be up for a possible sale, if the previous one has fallen through. Just want to be fair!

13. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Bass is currently on hold.

14. boyet

boyet

May 15, 2007
    Miami
    Payment sent. :cool:

15. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Payment pending! :)

16. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    SOLD!

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.