Sleep patterns?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Dec 30, 2002.

1. It's ten after three in the morning right now and I'm wondering how many of you have wierd sleep patterns and if theres any reasons why?

Myself, I go to bed at around 5am every day and wake up between 8-8:30am (unless I have school then I wake up at 7-730), sometimes I'll just not sleep for 3-4 days and be fine with this pattern. It doesn't effect me much that I notice.

Just a thought:D
  2. Weird sleeeping patterns? Hmmm, okay is constantly changing sleeping patterns by up to 4 hours weird?(doesn't happen while school is there to keep me sleeping at daytime :D :rolleyes:
  3. My girlfriend is like that. Doesnt bother her to not sleep for a few days. Me.. well after glandular fever and chronic fatigue... sleeping is my routine now.

Afternoon nap at 4pm, go to bed by 11pm, wake up at 9:30 am (tired too).

*shrugs* whatever the body is comfortable with.

4. OneCoolDog

Oct 15, 2002
    Alabama, USA
    Last 3 days I haven't been able to go to sleep before 4. I've been wondering if I should just stay up all night one night instead of sleeping past noon. ..Or I can just use school to catch up on my sleeping. Study Hall is for sleeping, right?
  5. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    When I am really depressed I sleep a lot, it almost seems like I never wake up. When I'm really stressed I never sleep, but I'm always tired.
  6. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    My sleepingh habits consist of not going to bed until 3:00am and getting up around 5:00am to get ready for work.. For some reason, even though I am extremely tired during the day, I make it, drive in hour to come home, and do the same thing over again.

I think it is because I still live on the couch @ my sisters house, and I have been under some stress...

Oh well...Who needs sleep anyway.;)
  7. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I'm not sure how my sleep pattern is. I sleep a lot, and I'm always tired.
  8. hibeam

Oct 16, 2002
    I never have problems like that. If I'm at home, and its past midnight, I can't keep my eyes open.
  9. Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    I need loads of sleep. Need to be in bed by 10 p in order to funciton properly. Usually get up at 7 a. Otherwise, I'm a real grouch.
  10. Asleep by 10:30, awake at 5:30. If I go to bed later, I'm no fun at all the next day. It will be fun come the spring when I drive, because I won't have to wake up so early. Maybe 6 or 6:30.
  11. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    sleep is for the weak! :mad:

oops...sorry :D

must be the XTZ Vanilla Vroom talkin' :rolleyes:

What I meant to say is that when the job "team" consists
    of a slacker, a whiner, and some guy who can't speak Engrish,
    you don't get much (if any) sleep (tee-hee :) )
  12. i usually sleep from one or two in the a.m. to five a.m. on a schoold day. even if i get into bed and try to fall asleep at ten, eleven, i won't fall asleep for a number of hours. it's all outta whack because of my lack of physical activity, high sugar intake, drugs, etc.
  13. In the holidays (like now) I'll settle into about a 2am - noon pattern.

(Apart from last night, but I was reading a good book...)

When I'm at college though it's all over the place, because college starts at different times each day, so I have to get up at different times.
    (7am some days, others I don't have college so I don't get up 'til I feel like it.)
  14. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Typical day:
    Wake at 5:30 AM, go to school. Maybe sleep in Debate class (it's not, it's sleep 101) for 45 minutesGet home at 2:30. Nap or go on TB untill 5:10. Go to work until 9:45. Get home, go to bed at 11-11:30.

Weekends/days off: Wake at 9-10:30, nap at 3ish till 6ish. Stay up till around midnight, repeat.
    The nap can be a half hour or till 9 PM, depending on what's going on in the house.
  15. Awake at about 6:00 AM
    Actually get out of bed at about 6:45 AM*
    Pass out about midnight or so, repeat Mon - Fri.
    Make up for lost sleep on the weekends if need be.

* I MUST listen to the radio in order to wake up and to find out what's going on in the world. I am not one of those "Leaps right outta bed people." I hate mornings.
  16. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    5:45 every morning. Except Saturday, then I get to sleep in until 8! Woohoo! If I'm in bed after midnight I'll be cranky the next day.
  17. Get another band. lol

18. notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Gettin' old I guess. I've seen H/R departments go from "best
    qualified candidate" to "most politically correct job seeker" :rolleyes:
  19. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    On a normal school night i go to bed about 10:30-11PM & get up around 6:45AM. On weekends/break i tend to go to sleep 11:30-midnightish and wake up 10-noon. I'm usually tired but it's getting better. I know i need to regulate my sleep a bit better so that i can wake up feeling more refreshed but currently that isn't happening.

thats all
  20. My days usually go something like wake up at 5:57AM (I have to trick myself into waking up so I have my alarm set at that time and the actual time is 5:55AM) and go to school. Then I go to bed anywhere from 9PM to 1AM, and then start all over again.

On weekends, I sleep like a log, especially from missing so much sleep from the school week. I end up sleeping from midnight till noon, maybe even more.

Since it's my holiday break from school, I sleep at 5AM and wake up at 2 in the afternoon! :D