1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sleeping Demons?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kwesi, May 18, 2011.

1. My brother literally attacks people when they try to wake him up by touching him. Kicking, punching, slapping, you name it, he's tried it. I don't really blame him but it's really weird. Just wondering if anyone has a one or more of these folks in their life, lol.

2. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Not routinely. But very early in my marriage, I had this nightmare where I was being attacked, by a monster or a mugger or something. I literally woke up in the middle of the nightmare with my elbow already in motion, fighting back -- and hit my wife hard.

That one took a little explaining.

3. i once woke up someone sleeping at their desk in school and they snapped up and elbowed me in the nards. You know at they say, sometimes it best just to let sleeping dogs lay.

4. my ex singer told tales of waking up in the middle of violent acts. one of his friends tried to climb in bed with him and wake him up pretending to cuddle with him. he woke up with his hands around the guys throat violently choking him.

this is the same guy who put one of his friends up to waking ME up by writing "WAKE UP" on his fat stomach and then shaking it in my face as he dry humped me awake. had i not been half awake already, id have likely taken a swing at him.

that same weekend, we woke our other friend by putting a hotdog on his lips. he wasnt amused. at all.

ive been told ive thrown a couple strikes in my sleep. kneed a girl right in the ass once. half awake, realized what id done, laughed in my head, tried to apologize and then fell back asleep while she was writhing in pain. she was NOT happy. accidentally elbowed the same girl in the eye socket once. have no recollection of that one.

the safest way to wake me up is to call me. even in the same room. i'll be up immediately. flicking the lights on and off, yelling at me, going to take a while, but ive been conditioned to answer my phone. answer it in my sleep on occasion.

oh.. and this really happened

14spkpk.

5. ^that sounds absolutely territying! I wouldn't want to wake with that thing in my face grinding on me!

But now-a-days typically when I go to wake someone up, I do it by projectile or swift kick in the a**. Projectiles for the extra dangerous sleepers so I can throw and still get out and close the door in case of retaliation.

But for the most part, who am I kidding, I'm usually the one being woken up...

6. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    WAKE UP! AND GET IN MUH BELLY!

7. TJ55

TJ55

Jun 5, 2010
    KY
    A girl I was dating in grad school come over late one night after I had fallen asleep and was standing by the bed when I came to. I screamed like a ***** and instantly shot backwards against the wall. I was pretty embarassed to be honest. I often wonder if knocking her out would have been easier on my self esteem.

8. one time in the middle of the night i rolled over and put my arm around my girlfriend and the following happened

Her: "get your @#%^ing hand off of me"
    Me: "whats wrong?"
    Her: "you know exactly whats wrong you @#%^ing @$$hole"
    Me: "what happened?"
    Her: "if you touch me again I'm leaving"

i spent the rest of the night trying to figure out what had just happened.. couldnt figure it out.. was a afraid to text or call her the next day that i may set her off again..

she texted me around ten the next day and it went as follows

Her: "hey baby, what you doing? i miss you."
    Me: "what was up with last night?"
    Her: "what do you mean?"
    Me: well, i told her the above convo
    Her: "you're joking right?"
    Me: "no, i swear"
    Her: "i dont remember that at all, i have no clue why i did that"

9. Hi.

Vets and mercenaries are known to behave like that, but no-one can really blame 'em, kept them reasonably alive.

If a regular Joe or Jane behaves like that, they've probably watched way too much horror flicks or are just plain nutjobs.

Regards
    Sam

10. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    My wife's done that several times. I'll be sound asleep in the middle of the night and wake up fast because I get hit unexpectedly. When I'm up and looking around I'll see that she's settling back into bed so I'll try asking her about it. But she's apparently asleep and doesn't respond at all. Then I'll ask her about it the next morning and she says has no idea what I'm talking about.

I even took a shot to the face once and my lip got cut and was bleeding, but she still claims innocence. I gotta wonder ....

11. I regularly suffer from sexomnia and sleep talking. Thankfully my GF finds it somewhat amusing, rather than creepy. She wakes me up if we start to get freaky though.

12. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    My father is really hard to wake up by calling him,we need to touch his shoulder to wake him up.However,when you wake him up by touching he gets startled.

Last time I woke him up by touching his shoulder,I wasn't fast enough so I got the back of his hand slap me right in the middle of my mouth.

Now,I just yell at him till he wakes up,never touching the sleeping man ever again.