Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sliced my thumb...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Microbass, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Had an interesting gig tonight. First song, I managed to take a chunk out of my thumb on the bridge of the G3 - which led to nonstop bleeding and a very bloody bass.

I couldn't keep a pick in my hand, kept slipping. I tried fingering as soon as I had cut myself, of course, the strings became bloody, and therefore became impossible to finger - my fingers would stick to the strings! argh!

I played fairly crap tonight imo, but many people were supportive, and I was proposed to. Gunna check her out at sometime later, hopefully she'll call me. ;)
    Didn't get the promised money, but we have a contract and the guy is pretty reliable.

The band had to run out before the end of the gig, so I was "mexed" so to speak. Feeling kinda weird atm; feeling pretty lonely, and tired - but I can't sleep. :meh:

just felt like doing something... :oops:

2. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Gene Simmons has nothing on you now.
    Bloody bass is much cooler than fake blood from a made up glam roocker's mouth.

3. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    [​IMG]

My guitar player does this occasionally on his Les Paul. Think he hits it on one of the bridge screws or something..

Yummy, huh?

4. That's why I always keep bandaids, duct tape and Neosporin in my gig bag. The crowd is always understanding if you need to pause for minor triage between songs. Much better than splattering your hiv all over the front row, I'd say. ;)

5. Viper

Viper Guest

Jun 2, 2004
    Williamsport PA0
    well... I never bled on my bass 'cept when I had a bloody nose once but that's a different story... no I was sitting in jazz band being unpayingattention like and me and my short attention span started coloring my strings red with a red sharpie.... you can imagine the mess that made in my gig bag and all over my beautiful white fender :-(

6. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Havn't had this happen to me, other than rippin out parts of skin while pole vaulting (on the tips of my fingers, great places...my coach is still stunned at how I manage to do that) but I used superglue on my fingers for that...and then it stopped the pain when I played my bass.

Use superglue for a minute, it helps (it may feel kinda funny when fingerstyle though)