Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by deepbob, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    Prety cool, it has a kind of Cake vibe to it.:bassist:
  2. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    LOL, I just noticed that all three of us put the bassist and the end of our post and it made a kind of pyramid.:bassist:
  3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Nice simple bass playing and funky! I dig!

"Keep It On The Down Low" :bassist:

*Hey I may as well keep it going!
  4. Pretty sweet dude! I like it :D
  5. deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    thankies =)

hey, we added a lead guitar idea, curious what people think if you have the ear time (please reload above, same filename). thanks in advance.

6. BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    east end boys and west end girls??:confused:
  7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I don't dig the guitarists choice of playing and sound within the context of the tune. It takes away from the funkiness! Should be more in the pocket and more of an R&B rhythm guitar groove. I.E. the rhythm guitar line in Kool & The Gang's 'Funky Stuff'. I don't like a lot of overdrive or distortion in my funk! But this is just my opinion! I'm a 44 year old cat who's more in tune with 70's funk. I do like the tune a lot though!
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  9. it's ok i spose but the intro goes on bout 8 times and it bores me :) maybe its just me or mayb its the stella in my body :meh:

10. Haha, so appropriate
  11. i like it man. Reminds me of driving in down town philadelphia at night. cool vibe.:cool:
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I made it myself :D
  13. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I dig the the drum'n'bass, but the guitar line kinda kills the vibe of the song. I would really work on finding a more suitable line- and let up on the some of the distortion. Cool tune in general though!