1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Slightly crazy question, but...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by SnuffdaCrimeDog, Mar 7, 2008.

1. SnuffdaCrimeDog

SnuffdaCrimeDog

Jul 24, 2006
    Ok so I was doing my same old slapping and popping thing the other day just coming up with new stuff. When I started to think. Does anyone pop there low E string? I've seen Master of Puppets plated on the A string, but nothing really done on the E string, granted it doens't really sound all that great. I tried it out on the higher frets and it especially sounded bad on the 11th fret, but that fret always sound pretty "muddy" to me anyway. Anyway I know its an odd question but I was just curious.

2. You should try to be comfortable slapping and popping on all the strings. An exercise to try is: Try slapping and popping on one string only. Not only does it produce some interesting rhythms, it makes you more precise and accurate.

3. SmittyG

SmittyG

Dec 24, 2003
    Texarkana, Texas
    I am REALLY new to the slap/pop thing (had no interest for most of my life) but, as fettbass said, I try to work on slapping and popping all of the strings. Don't really know if or when I will use a pop from the E-string, but it can't hurt to know how.

4. dhemstra

dhemstra

Nov 10, 2007
    I sometimes pop it when I play a double stop. For example, I pop the G on the E string and the Bb on the G string. I pop the Bb with my index and pop the G by sticking my thumg under it and pulling it up.

5. Yea with double thump and pop/two pops you will pop the E, sometimes even the low B.