Slip covers for Mesa PH cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mikeswals, Mar 20, 2011.

1. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    I've never seen the factory slip covers in person, but from some pictures I've seen they look floppy and big-fitting. Are they just a thin nylon material? Are they padded at all?

My cab isn't coming with a cover so I was wondering if that kind of money would be better put toward a D2F cover.

2. onegunguitar

onegunguitar

Jul 1, 2010
    No,actually they are nice,padded covers that fit snug but not to tight where you can't get them on or off. Really nice quality covers.

3. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005
    The OEM cover for my 810 fits pretty well, and has held up well to twice a week gigging since October:

PH810wcover.jpg

PH810wcover-1.jpg

Those pics were from when I 1st got it - it seems to fit a little better now...

- georgestrings

4. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005

Agreed... if mine gets destroyed for what ever reason, I'll probably just buy another cover from Mesa...

- georgestrings

5. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    So am I seeing a strap on the bottom that goes under the cab and velcros in place?

My cabs get slid across the bed of a pickup truck and stuff piled ontop of it, and want to get a cover that is going to protect.

6. georgestrings

georgestrings Inactive

Nov 5, 2005

Yup - strap and velcro arrangement... My PH810 is treated exactly how you describe, and it's doing just fine - we did have to remove the rubber matting my guitarist had in his truck bed for an easier slide, but it's worked out pretty well...

- georgestrings

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021