1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Slip-ups :D

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jiggybass, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Well, I'm sure we've all done this a few times, where we are only partly paying attention, then we see something, and make a stupid comment. We don't mean to say it out loud, but it just slips. And upon realizing what you said, you usually slap yourself in the forehead, or get in trouble, as I did today :D

The Story:

I was sitting in english class, and we were all awaiting our supply teacher. I was listening to music on my phone, when they walked in, and to my surpise they were only about 4'8" maybe, so I said out loud (though I didn't realize since I was listening to music) "Damn, that's one F***ing short teacher!"

Heh, they didn't like it too much, the class was laughing, and then I had realized what I said. They told me to go to the office....screw that, I went to the forum and watched Fight Club instead :D

I don't know what the point of that was, but I would sure love to hear some stories of some slip-ups :)

2. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    I've said some dumb crap in front of my girlfriend, often at the most inopportune time I can... Happened like a half hour ago actually.

3. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I had a real short teacher for my health and PE classes (same person). We gave her a lot of crap for it, but it was usually in good jest.

4. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Heh, tell us more :) I've done that as well, what did you say?

5. I once reflexively threw a "your momma" joke at my coworker two days after his mom's funeral.

6. Timmayx

Timmayx

May 29, 2006
    Wolverhampton, UK
    Oh dear. The only problem I find is that I laughed at that :meh:

7. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    We were talking in psychology about a hypothetical old lady that had arthritis in her knees and volunteered at a shelter (there was a whole sotry about her but these are the only points that matter) The teacher then asked how her life would change if she didn't have any money. One kid said, "well she might have to get a job and work on her knees" without realizing it.

Me and this other kid just looked at each other and starting laughing hysterically, but noone else really got it.

8. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I´ve done the exactly same thing :rollno:
    The weird thing is I even went to her funeral.
    I´m partly excused though because we used to say a lot of "your momma" jokes, it was just a habit to say it.

I felt ashamed. :oops: