Slipknot, Nickelback and more choose Peavey GPS power amps

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by Marlat, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Peavey Press Release From: Music Industry News Network

Bassists from the world's top hard rock and metal bands are relying on Peavey Global Power Series® (GPS) power amplifiers to give them more clean power and reliability than they've ever had before, at a time when they need them the most: playing 200+ high-volume concerts at arenas and amphitheaters every year.
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK

Well-established bands such as Slipknot, Nickelback, Default and Three Days Grace have added GPS power amps to their live and studio bass rigs, and onto tours such as Ozzfest 2004 and the Nickelback & 3 Doors Down Summer 2004 co-headlining tour. When David "Shuu" Guidish, bass tech for Nickelback's Mike Kroeger, plugged in his GPS 2600, he was literally blown away by its extreme power capabilities.

"The GPS 2600's power is awesome," says Shuu. "When we first used it, our studio's second engineer didn't have everything set up correctly, and we plugged in the bass and blew a 15" speaker completely to bits! There was just so much power, and it wasn't padded or anything."

Nickelback bassist Kroeger adds, "I just find that my low end is really smooth and the mid-highs are really clean. Where some amps come off like a buzzsaw, too click-y and string-y sounding, I found that this amp sounds really nice and clean."

Slipknot bassist Paul Gray switched to a full Peavey rig before recording Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses, his band's latest release, and has the GPS 2600 in his live rig as well.

"I tried out a lot of different amps and I kept A/B'ing it with the Peavey Pro 500™ head and GPS 2600 power amp," says Gray. "I definitely need the power to be heard over nine people! I need something that will cut through, and the Peavey stuff had everything I was looking for."

Peavey Electronics Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers of musical instruments and professional sound equipment in the world. Peavey holds more than 130 patents and produces more than 2,000 products, which are distributed throughout the United States and to 136 other countries. To find out more about Peavey Electronics and its artists, visit