Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fishbrain, May 30, 2001.

1. Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    HELL YEAH!!!

I'm goin to c slipknot in November!!! Oh yeah! Standin tickets! I will probably die but ya never know! :) hehe

he he

so excited

c ya
  2. erm..

slipknot used to play at places about 10 minutes from me about 3 years ago. i went to a little show with my friends back then, and was very disappointed. i'll go as far as saying im ashamed of being an iowan because of them...but that must just be us, because they've come a ways since then. have fun.

and now for the tap dance routine
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

this is a music related thread...

and so off to misc we go...

hope BW doesn't mind...

Apr 13, 2001
    Kent, England.
    Make sure your shoes are on tight!!
    That's gonna be a hell of a mosh!
  5. I ****in hate slipknot. I hate bands that are more about being self servient rockstars than musicians. I find it hillarious that it takes them three drummers to do what Danny Carey does by himself.
  6. Slipknot is cool, BUT MuDvAyNe is a lot better
  7. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Not a big Slipknot fan here either. I bought their disc when they were being touted as the "next big thing" and was very disappointed. The mask thing has been done before (and better) and musically, they brag about how good they are, but I fail to see it. You want to have a GREAT time listening to a band in costumes? Go see a GWAR show -- VERY entertaining!
  8. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    I like SlipKnot. Sic & Wait and Bleed are my fav. songs. Never saw them live & parents won't lemme. Mudvayne-i like. i was surprised with the different style of songs they did on LD 50 [e.g. not all super fast songs]. thats all
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I happen to like Slipknot. And Mudvayne. Saw them both live on a couple of ocasions. Yuo don't have to like them. No one is forcing you to listen to them. And Like I say: They have a record deal. They are Platinum. You are not. You don't have a lot of room to rag on them.

Other than that. Heck, to each his own. And though not really the same, I hear Rammstien has a live show almost up there with GWAR and Green Jelly...
  10. In my OPINION, mudvayne is way more talented and better sounding than slipknot. Mudvayne is more musical and doesn't sound as muddy. Having 2 guitars in drop A tuning and a dropped A 5-string, all with distortion sounds like crap, but mudvayne uses weird tunings with a very heavy guitar and a jazz/funk sounding bass with a lot of high end rather than low end making a great combination. Plus Kud sings way better than corey taylor.
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...And more often too...
  12. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    This will more than likely start another huge argument, but not everyone that has a record contract DESERVES one (no specific names will be mentioned).
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Touche... each his own I guess. And you're right...probably gonna start a flame war. As such, I think this'll be my last post on the subject...
  14. JOhnk

Mar 31, 2001
    burlington, vt
    personally, I can't stand them. Pretty much because of combined points made so far (the masks, the drummers, the excessive downtuning, etc.). Mudvayne, i don't mind, but I don't really like the song Dig. Their other stuff is pretty cool. Rhyno is a great bassist. The makeup and hair kind of annoys me, because it's been done over and over so many times, but I guess that's their decision, not mine. Oh, and, er, I dun like-a the slipknot.
  15. i not only don't like them, i don't think they're 'heavy' at all. no punch, no slam, just kinda boring.
  16. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    No they don't! Drop B? Mmm, nope, not weird or unusual at all.
  17. I was refering to ryan using the gcgcf tuning. i think the guitar uses drop b or c. but i could be wrong.
  18. I'm going to the Manchester show in November too. I think it'll be time to show the posers there what a few Fear Factory and Raging Speedhorn gigs do to a 6'4", 215lb headbanger.

The one thing you have to remember is that many wannabe metal fans listen to Slipknot because of the extensive media coverage they receive. It's quite funny that because a band does some insane stuff, and the media comments on them, which results in larger sales and exposure, that they somehow sold out. So, Ozzy Osbourne bit the head off of a bat to increase record sales:rolleyes:

According to interviews, Slipknot members think they suck. Some of you may agree. But, their new album is more heavy and intense, definitely not nu-metal at all. Hopefully this will alienate some of the more shallow fans and cater for the original fans(people like me, back from when they had the 'Mate, Feed, Kill, Repeat' album on self-release). Hopefully.

I'm also going to Tattoo The Planet in September. Slayer, Pantera, Cradle Of Filth, Sepultura, Static-X and two other unconfirmed bands. Now THAT will be a pit. Hopefully Machinehead and System Of A Down/The Haunted will jump on board(both have new albums out. Slayer like The Haunted), and the evening will be complete.
  19. Something about all these "hard" bands out ther annoys me. Their more concerned with sounding and looking "hard" than the more important issue, the music. The only good hardrock band out ther now is Tool and a few underground artists. Mudvayne isnt my cup of tea, but they do have talent. Beyond that, I cant vouch for anything in the hard rock scene. Listen to Tool if you wanna hear good drumming, not three losers with masks on.
  20. Drummers? Like:

Raymond Herrera
    Adrian Erlanndsson
    Vinnie Paul Abbot
    Lars Ulrich

None of them in the 'hard rock' scene:rolleyes:

It's a damn shame really. Tool are all about individualism, and yet all you hear nowadays is 'Band X suck - be an individual and listen to Tool!'

Yeah, like everyone else?:rolleyes: