1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Slow Gear with expression input

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by honotron, Feb 22, 2013.

1. honotron

honotron

Oct 1, 2008
    :help: I'm looking for a pedal like the boss slow gear (or behringer sm200)
    but i need the attack to be changable via an expression pedal, does anyone know of anything?

2. eeyorebass

eeyorebass

Jan 2, 2008
    How would that be different from simply using a volume pedal to control the attack/swell of your signal?

j

3. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    +1

Though, to answer the question, this exact thing can be done with a Strymon Mobius, set to Autoswell with an expression pedal controlling the "Rise" parameter.

4. honotron

honotron

Oct 1, 2008
    I see what your saying about the volume pedal but to clarify what i want to do is be able to set the attack speed to an exact (& preset) fast or slow which i can toggle easily...actually a momentary switch would do it better. As much as i love the mobius i was hoping to find a cheaper pedal built for just this purpose.

5. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    the PAIA gator doesn't have an expression pedal input but it does have a trigger input.

that said, I built my own exact clone of a slow gear and while it's a very nice pedal, I also own the cheapo behringer and surprisingly, it actually sounds great.

.....and i'm going to be building a gator in the next couple of weeks, since I've heard that they're also very good.

6. Zoom MS50G or MS100BT has a slow attack effect. You could just set two presets next to each other.

7. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    Hmmm.... Don't know your budget + it's kind of using a hammer to set a thumb tack, but- the POG2 does a great slow gear job. You can also set the speed with a slider & save it as a preset. There are an even number of presets it steps through, so in theory it would work.