Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

slow intros to improve ear`

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by wizo, Aug 25, 2003.

1. wizo

wizo Guest

Jan 23, 2003
    Hello , id just like suggestions of slowish bass parts like death or glory and charlie dont surf by the clash and other things like that...Not the same style or anything just that type of speed and constant changing notes. I think those would really help peoples ear. So please help out, thanks to those who do.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

46 and 2 by Tool is pretty slow, and sounds very cool. One of my favorite bass intros.

3. wizo

wizo Guest

Jan 23, 2003
    thanks,anyone else?

4. wizo

wizo Guest

Jan 23, 2003
    Wow ..I just realized that. I didnt really mean to put it there its just that thats what I ussualy try my ear on.Sorry . So just whatever part of the song lol (Man I fell like a jackass)

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

It's cool man, it happens. :cool:

Hmmm... well, I hate the band but "Rearranged" by LimP BiZkit has an awesome bassline you might wanna figure out.

Longview by Greenday is a good one.

What kind of music do you like?

I'm drawing a blank right now, I'm going to bed pretty soon, but I'm sure there are some great basslines within the bands you like that you can figure out. And it all depends exactly how complicated you want. 46&2 is a good one. Pretty simple, but real cool.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I love 46 & 2....
    also Rage Against The Machine - Calm like a Bomb.

7. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Not really answering your question, but try and get hold of 'Ultimate ear training' by Gary Willis, after using that a fair deal you'll improve your ear-skills (such a phrase?) way more than by earing (again, such a phrase?) other people bass parts.

Basicallym, it ges you to distinguish intervals and such, pretty useful!

Anyway, to answer your question, phobofile by cryptopsy, that has a 'slow' bass intro thats easy to play (straight after the piano intro).

8. wizo

wizo Guest

Jan 23, 2003
    thanks for replying everyone. oh and im into all types of music. Except Nelly and The Spice Girls type bands. New age pop is it? well yeah just that but ill listen to anything else. the music i really like is like the Clash on sandinista type stuff.

9. tboyd

tboyd

Sep 10, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    I Saw Your Mommy by Suicidal Tendencies has a very cool bass intro. I would also recommend Death of a Disco Dancer by The Smiths.