1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SLOWOUND

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by CjPhishPhan, Jan 14, 2001.

1. CjPhishPhan

CjPhishPhan

Mar 14, 2000
    It is slowound, not slowwound, and I have not been playing long, about three years, but for the last year I have been playing with Slowounds and have found them to be VERY nice for my style. I play a mixture of slapping, picking, and a lot of songs that require low end. These strings work very well. Recently I got a Fender 5-string, and so far have been unable to find Slowounds for a 5-string and so I had to put on a set of medium gauge DR's that I also like, but not as much as the Slowounds

2. Slowounds ARE available in 5 and 6 string sets, in fact if I remember rightly, there are two tensions available in the 5's. The thing I like about them other than tone, is that they feel so good under your fingers, kinda like an old pair of slippers, or your favourite sneakers. I have settled on Slowounds now after having gone back and forth between them and Ernie Balls (and an ill-fated tryout of Boomers), and think I'll stay with them. Bruce Linfield, please take note!

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well yes - there is a whole thread about these just a few lines down the page. I think it might have been better to add these comments on to this rather than starting again.