Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by CjPhishPhan, Jan 14, 2001.

1. CjPhishPhan

Mar 14, 2000
    It is slowound, not slowwound, and I have not been playing long, about three years, but for the last year I have been playing with Slowounds and have found them to be VERY nice for my style. I play a mixture of slapping, picking, and a lot of songs that require low end. These strings work very well. Recently I got a Fender 5-string, and so far have been unable to find Slowounds for a 5-string and so I had to put on a set of medium gauge DR's that I also like, but not as much as the Slowounds
  2. Slowounds ARE available in 5 and 6 string sets, in fact if I remember rightly, there are two tensions available in the 5's. The thing I like about them other than tone, is that they feel so good under your fingers, kinda like an old pair of slippers, or your favourite sneakers. I have settled on Slowounds now after having gone back and forth between them and Ernie Balls (and an ill-fated tryout of boomers), and think I'll stay with them. Bruce Linfield, please take note!
  3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well yes - there is a whole thread about these just a few lines down the page. I think it might have been better to add these comments on to this rather than starting again.