Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Slumber - some of the most creative bass lines to hit metal

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Nuk3m, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Nuk3m

Nuk3m

Sep 18, 2004
    Down Under
    Im in no way a Doom metal fan and this band cought my attention.
    And i though i would share.

The vocals are growls and the vocalist tends to like doing these big long ones which is interesting. The guitar work is simple but affective as most doom metal bands have. Drum is nothing special. They keys and and sample dude does a goode job.

Has anyone heard their album fallout?

The engineering of this album is pretty good, spacey reverbs clear and concise. If you have studio monitors you will enjoy it more or some good ear phones because the band sounds huge. Sounds very open like a live sound at a stadium or a big hall but just alot better then live sound ;)

Because the basslines in this album are no short then amazing as far as metal goes.

They are melodic and not oversealous which happens alot in alot of cases when the bassist is actually talented.

I suggest you buy this album.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm going to check this out for sure... with a name like Slumber... they gotta love Sleep.

Have you listened to them much? Al is a killer bassist as well. His project with Sleeps drummer (Om) is just bass and drums. It's really drawn out, so you might not like it as much, but he's a great bassist.

3. Nuk3m

Nuk3m

Sep 18, 2004
    Down Under

Nah i havent listened to any Doom metal past these guys because it never really grabbed me. Ill look into the names you mentioned.

Whats the Project called?

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Om. The name of the album is called "Variations on a Theme." They've got a new one coming out though.