1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Small 3/4 Chinese carved, 1999--$2500 in Houston, TX

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by bshaw, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bshaw

bshaw Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Houston
    Selling my fully carved solo/jazz double bass. Made in 1999, China, imported and originally set up at Wu's Fine Violins, Houston. I am the second owner, and I'm a professional bassist with the Houston Symphony. Since I purchased it, I added a carbon fiber endpin, had a hole drilled for a Laborie(angled) endpin, which I'll include. I had ebony adjusters fitted to the bridge and had the fingerboard professionally planed. Will sell with a very nice padded case, and will include the David Gage Realist pickup that's on the bass now. Currently strung with Spirocores for jazz but I've got a ton of other brands lying around if you prefer something else. I think this is an excellent bass and is ideal as a solo instrument, it is a small 3/4 bass, with a string length of 40 1/2". It has a nice sound, has been well played in and taken care of. Trying to sell locally, but we could try to work something out. Thanks for checking it out! Shoot me a PM or email and I can get you some better pics.

More tiny little pics. Again, if interested, just let me know and I'll get you some better ones. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    You have PM.

3. bshaw

bshaw Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Houston
    Pms replied. Several nibbles bump. Here's another pic to give a sense of the size of the bass. It's a really nice sounding and playing bass at a very good price. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.