1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Small 3/4 DeSola Hybrid

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by David Morris, Feb 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Price:
    $4500
    Strings:
    This bass has served me well since I purchased it from Upton Bass in February of 2012. This is how Upton described it then: "This is a very solidly German built instrument assembled and finished by William de Sola in Wilton, Connecticut. Fully carved wide-grain Spruce top with well-flamed maple ribs and canted back. All of the components are of the highest quality. Great tone and clarity, booming resonance with a compact easily-ported size. Has the feel of an early small-shop Juzek with none of the problems!"

This was Wil DeSola's personal bass before he sold it to me (via consignment at Upton). 40 1/2" string length and slightly smaller body than most 3/4 basses-an 11/16?

I have added bumpers and 6 years of gigging mojo since the photos were taken.

Fishman Full Circle and quality Mooradian gig bag included. Currently strung with Evah Pirazzi E-A-D, and Oliv G. Please PM me for details on the purchase. $4,500

4D4DMaF. kV5mFMF. hjGvDpV. gIqwv3W. 81njTPO. B1tDeWw. mdH9iiG.

2. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    New Mexico. USA
    That is a steal!

3. Mgaisbacher

Mgaisbacher Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    If this wasn't so far away, and I wasn't trying to save for another bass right now I would jump on this.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    David Morris likes this.
  4. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

May 22, 2002
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Bumpers and a ding in the neck heel.

fEUEkX9. 2lsgpYh.

sonicyogi likes this.