Small (~30 watts) combo with tube pre?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jenderfazz, Mar 5, 2006.

1. I was looking for a cool combo, preferably around 25 or 30 watts, and preferably with a tube preamp. I have a great Ampeg rig that gets me through band situations, but I'd like a functional and great-sounding amp to use at home. Preferably easy on the wallet as well. I'm partial to smaller speakers as well.

While I'm at it, how about a cheap guitar combo (15-30 watts maybe) with tubes? I love those old Fender amps. How's something like the Blues Jr? (
  2. ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    The problem with guitar amps are that the speakers are in no way designed to handle those frequencies. So you might blow the speaker quite easily.

I think better option would be to get an old Traynor BassMate 20 head not to expensive then you could run it into any cab you may already have.

Or get a for a combo get a Traynor YBA-1 Bassmaster Combo (not too expensive) and ~50 watts all tube. I've played one before and it really was a pretty cool combo.
  3. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish
  4. Oh, I'd buy one of each, haha. I wouldn't play my bass through a 1x10 or 1x12 guitar combo if I had a decent bass amp at home!