1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Small 4 ohm cab(s) for SVT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by officespace2, May 22, 2011.

1. Problem: I have a '73 Blackline SVT tapped for 4 ohms and need a 4 ohm cab that will fit in my car (a smaller car). If I had more room, id just buy a 4 ohm 410hlf or equivalent Berg, but I need either a 115e sized 15 or two small 210 cabs that I can pop in the trunk. Actually, I wish I could just buy an SUV or something but that's not going to happen.

I have been using two 8 ohm cabs in series to get a 4 ohm load, but the two cabs won't easily fit. Also, I play a 5-string so I need something that can handle a low b well. Any thoughts?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    first, 2 8 ohm cabs in series is 16 ohms. otherwise, there are literally dozens of smallish 4 ohm cabs to choose from. just be aware, small cabs equal small sound generally, and an SVT is a big amp.

3. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Probably too big, but I love my Genz Benz NeoXT 2x12 with my SVT. Loud enough for any gig that wouldn't already require PA support, and it's very manageable, light, and compact. It's also high enough off the floor that hearing yourself isn't too big of an issue.

4. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    And just to null my curiosity, what are you driving that's too small for a traditional 4x10 cab? My friend could fit an Ampeg 6x10 in the back of his Accord with room to spare.

5. blastjv

blastjv

Jan 8, 2010
    Philly Area
    2 of the SVT210AV's might do ya' just fine...

-JV

6. I drive a '97 328i BMW. Very small trunk opening and while there would be room in the back seat, the rear doors don't open wide enough. Drives nice though. =)