1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Small amp, new, <$300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Myrriad, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Myrriad

Myrriad Banned

Oct 11, 2012
    Not looking for volume, just clarity/light weight. I want clear sounds.

2. Carvin MB10. 200 watts, 1 10" spkr, sounds great has DI and headphone jack and weighs about 28 lbs for 299.00

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Check out the new Acoustic line at Guitar Center they have some nice new models.

4. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    I LOVE my MB10!! Been using it for rehearsals lately sitting on my Avatar SB12. Sound is MINT! :bassist:

I was using it by itself as a practice amp but it shakes my walls and I live in a condo. The headphone tone is mint also.

5. GG7

GG7

Mar 14, 2013
    Check out the little Ampeg BA108.

It sells for under $100.00 and it sounds damned good! I have been trying to find a larger amp for more volume for recording, and damned if this little Ampeg has sounded better than all of these larger, more powerful and more expensive amps I have purchased and returned so far!

My latest larger amp I bought is a Fender Rumble 75. I am still on the fence whether I am going to keep it or not. I am having to crank the treble and midrange up to nearly full to get the same tone the little 108 can get with all the tones set to neutral. The Fender has more volume, but since you made a point that you are more interested in tone than volume, I thought I would mention the 108.

The source is a 2013 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass.