1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Small Amp Problem?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by grass132456, Dec 6, 2011.

1. grass132456

grass132456

Sep 12, 2011
    I recently got a Carvin BX500 and it works and sounds fine. I have noticed from the beginning though everytime I turn off the amp, there is this small popping sound. Is that normal? And when I turn it on, the amp starts off in protect mode (which is suppose to) and slowly turns off. If I were to play a note when I turn on the amp, you would not hear it and it slowly and gradually gets louder until the right volume. Sometimes though, it starts off as protect mode and makes a popping sound and a note is immediately heard instead of a gradual loud note. Is there a minor problem and should I get it checked or is it just ok and will not harm anything?

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    It may not be a big deal now but if it's under warranty, I'd call Carvin and see what they say about it. A lot of amps have built in protection so they don't thump the speakers when you turn them on and off. Might be an indicator of a potential future problem, might be no big deal.