Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Small Amp Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by swapmeet, Jan 3, 2002.

1. swapmeet

swapmeet

Jul 18, 2001
    Bothell, WA
    I was thinking of buying a really small bass amp for my apartment. I was thinking about getting a Rogue RB-30B 30W Bass Combo Amp. I just wanted something small and that has decent sound. Plus I don't want to spend much? Do any of you have this amp or know anything about it? Or any other suggestions on small amps? Thanks...

2. Hartke kickback !

3. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    i have a peavey microbass. works great for at home practicing. sounds pretty good... it can get loud enough that if i crank it i can practice with the band. i would rather spend a little more and get the peavey then buy a rogue ..... not very good quality...

4. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    i dont think "rogue" and "decent sound" can be put in the same sentince

5. The only one I can think of is a Fender Bassman 25. It has a nice tone which it gets at a low to moderate volume, and goes pretty loud for 25 watts. The only drawback: It's about $300.00 w/tax. I don't think you can get a *GOOD* sound for much less.

Good luck,
    Mike J.

6. swapmeet

swapmeet

Jul 18, 2001
    Bothell, WA
    For the record, they were not in the same sentence. But thanks for the help. I'm very new to playing bass, and don't know much about amps or anything to do with playing the bass. So any input is great. Thanks

7. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Get something used! Check the classifieds here, eBay, Bassgear.com... Peavey, SWR, Hartke, Fender, Carvin, Ampeg, whatever. (Not Rogue)

8. Peavey Microbass. Hard to go wrong. I see them all the time on eBay. Cheap, reasonably loud, a decent sound, and as like most peaveys, really hard to break.