1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Small and light 6 string bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yeldarbo, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Yeldarbo

Yeldarbo

May 17, 2018
    currently using an ltd b206sm and i love it, but its huge and weighs a ton for wanting to play in bed, where i normally get ideas, that burst into mind. anyone know of a cheap, lighter or even short scale, 6 string bass?

2. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    Are you a slapper?

3. Yeldarbo

Yeldarbo

May 17, 2018
    Im a tapper.

4. Mark76

Mark76

Dec 1, 2015
    Leicester
    Hmm. You might be able to get away with a Bass VI style instrument then.

5. Karlson541

Karlson541 Banned

Jun 9, 2018
    I don't think there are many options when it comes to short scale 6 string basses, I at least can't think of any.
    As Mark76 mentions a Bass VI type instrument could be an option, but they are not really suited for a low B string but instead supposed to be tuned like a guitar, just an octave lower.
    Also a Bass VI would have narrower string spacing than what you typically find on 6 string basses.
    If you are fine with that however the Ibanez SRC6 is a really great instrument in that category: Electric Basses SR - SRC6 Bass Workshop | Ibanez guitars