1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

small bass amp purchase

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bobbydeells, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Bobbydeells

Bobbydeells

Mar 19, 2007
    I"m in the market to buy a small bass amp for smaller gigs. I have a limited budget and leaning towards the hartke B900 and I want a amp that responds well to funk\slap type playing. I own a SWR working man half stack but I"m tired of dragging it around. I also would like some information on the reliability of the "activemusician online store.

Thank You

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I took the liberty of moving your post from the thread it was in, creating a thread from it, and moving it to the Amps forum, where I am sure you will get plenty of recommendations.

I like the SWR WorkingPros combos, the Fender Rumble Combos, and the Line 6 bass combos, myself.

Or you could get a small head and cab. My iAMP 800 and Schroeder 1210 absolutely kill tonewise, and both are very small and light. And I have played club and large church gigs with them, too. They are probably a bit out of your budget range, but you can get a 210 cab and a 250 watt head for not much more than a good, loud combo amp.