Small Budget

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by villakid 93, Feb 10, 2006.

1. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    Say you wanted to sell cars, only on a small budget, you buy a cheap car, do it up, sell for big profit, how could I make more people notice it if I don't own a store and it's the first car:confused:
  2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Take out an ad in the paper?

Or, post on a local classifieds website?
  3. villakid 93

villakid 93 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    Swayfield, Grantham
    What does P.A.X Mean when renting houses?
  4. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York

I don't know where you live, but the "cheap cars" around here are complete rot boxes that would need more work than their worth to fix up and re-sell.

There's the legality end of it also. If you' a dealer buying and selling, you have to offer a minimum warranty on any car you sell, and you're much more likely to have warranty comebacks on cheap cars than you would on expensive ones. Comebacks cost money to you, which bites into the "big profit" of which you speak. There's also the bookkeeping and taxes issue with running a dealership, no matter how big or small it is.

Now if you're just a small non-dealer guy trying to make a buck, you're probably hoping to buy a car for cheap, fixing whatever and then selling it for some extra cash.

Are you going to transfer the title into your name before selling it, or will you simply give the new owner the title with the old owner's name on it?

If you did the former, you're ok. If you did the latter, you're breaking the law by "title jumping" and not paying taxes on the cars you buy and re-sell.

Not trying to burst your bubble, but if it was that easy to buy and sell and make lotsa money, everyone would be doing it.