small cab for an ashdown amb 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    hello friends. im looking for a 2x10 or something like it for my ashdown amb500. i have a genz benz 6x10 that i use for the big club gigs that i love. i want something small for practice and small club gigs and it would be cool to use my ashdown in my house. my home amp is a 1987 peavey tnt and im done with it. i have played through and love the ashdow amb 2x10 cab but i cant find one under $600.00. id like something around $300.00 tops. i want small, light, cheap, but yet badazz! any suggestions? it would also be cool is the cab has a tilt back design. i play modulus basses. if any one here plays a fb4 through an ashdown let me know. thanx
  2. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    I'm kind of in the same boat as you...

Consider the Avatar 2x10... There are three models, the "Pro" is rated at 1000 watts... You can also get them in 4 or 8 ohms...

I've never played through one, but there are a lot of folks on this board that love them...
  3. Although I don't have one myself, several TB'ers seem to have the ashdown mini 48. 4 - 8 inch speakers, no tweeter. About 45-50 pounds, same width as the ABM500 & handles 600 watts. A little more than you want to spend but american musical supply has them in stock for $400 w/free shipping. Sounds like there being blown out & also sounds like a pretty good deal.
  4. just noticed the Ashdown mini 48 weighs 30kg or 66 pounds. :meh: