1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Small cars and a double bass.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by J_TheBassPlayer, Jul 17, 2007.

1. I am ready to get a vehical. But of course with a double bass this isn't a very easy task. My father works for GM so any other make is out of the question. For the age of the vehical we are looking for a Jimmy or Blazer is perfect. But my dad wants me to get a small car. He has even proposed that I stop playing bass. Playing bass is much more important to me than any car so I haven't really pushed the issue. I was just wondering what cars you guys use to hall around your basses.

2. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Hey J, try the thread under "Off Topic" called something like "Cars for DB" or "What do you guys Drive?"

Full of cars & trucks that fit DBs ie almost all of therm ! :)

3. arnoldschnitzer

arnoldschnitzer AES Fine Instruments

Feb 16, 2002
    New Mexico. USA
    The Pontiac Vibe is made in the same plant as the Toyota Matrix, and both are of high quality. The Vibe is roomy but small, fits two basses and is economical. And made by GM.

4. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    I think the only vehicle style that is a drag for bass is the sedan. You can easily get a bass into practically any hatchback-style vehicle. The rear seat has to fold down, so you won't be able to take your bass and your sax player and your drummer and the guitarist. Depending on the rear seat arrangement, you might only be able to take one guy in the front seat.

I suggest leaving the drummer behind.

5. neal davis

neal davis

Dec 29, 2006
    toronto canada
    I drove a chev aveo 5 door hatch for years, no problem fitting in bass as well as amp and sometimes a bebop drum kit. good on gas and now all the problems of the first ones are gone, also look at the optra both good on gas or the hhr good luck

6. I drive nothing but Honda Civics. I have yet to find one that wont fit a bass in front, gear in the trunk, and the piano player in the back seat. My current Honda is a two door.