Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Small, cheap full-range speaker cabinet for jazz guitar/acoustic guitar

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Nov 27, 2003.

1. I'm looking for a small full-range speaker cabinet with a tweeter for jazz guitar and amplified nylon-string guitar. My budget is very limited--$300 or less. Used gear is always an option (I don't buy amps new, as a rule). I will be pushing it with my Acoustic Image Clarus head.

Any of the BG/guitar doublers here have any recommendations? The Acoustic Image Contra extension cabs look really awesome but I just don't have the money.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    SWR's Blond on Blond maybe? 1x12 with a horn, designed as an extension cab for the California Blond. Polytones are always nice. Genz-Benz made some nice acoustic gear, but I don't know about cabs. It'd be worth looking into.
    Good to see you back, Peter. Hope you had a nice break from around here.

3. The Acme 1X10 seems perfect fit, if a lttle more than you want to pay. Hardly ever see a used one one for sale.

I've had recommendations on this board for the 1X12 extension cabinet Carvin sells for their acoustic guitar/ vocal/ bass amp ( the thread).

4. The Carvin cab seems like it might just be the ticket. I'll go try it out with my Clarus once I move out to LA in January.

As much as I like my GS112s, I'm thinking of going back to a single, larger "gig" cabinet for bass guitar (maybe a 4-ohm 2x12 or a lighter 4x10), so this could be a very nice compromise solution.

5. That Acoustic Image is quite an amp! I have used one in the past with an extension PA cab, and it worked fine.