1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Small combo amp advice please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by KramerDon, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    This is the TRUTH! I got one for $329, shipped from NYC to Colorado. I like to keep an amp there when visiting with family (I live elsewhere) and jamming and sometimes gigging with friends. So this past Saturday, did a night of "Gonzo Cowboy Americana" in a mid-sized bar; electric keys, two electric guitars, bass, fiddle and a tasteful drummer. This amp did great, with no FOH reinforcement. I quickly dialed in a decent sound, plenty of volume to spare (pre-amp gain and volume at 12:00; master volume at 11:00, tweeter on, contour at 9:00). Love knowing that if I need more coverage, the amp section can drive an additional 8-0hm cab, which I can borrow from friends if I needed one. Get one of these NOW, while the getting is still good. My home rig is high end (puma/audiokinesis), light and modular, as I live in a hillside house with lots of stairs…but I'm seriously wondering why I have so much $$ tied up in that stuff, when the Contour combo is so darned good.