1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Small combo amps: What's out there and what's good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cnltb, Nov 25, 2017.

1. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Title says it all.
    I saw the gk mb 108 , quite like the looks of it and was wondering what other small combos people might be using, be that for mini gigs, acoustic rehearsals or home practice.
    Thanks!

Linnin likes this.
  2. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Budget and how loud you have to get (in other words, describe the small gigs).

Also, what else do you own? If you have a class D head you like, perhaps get a good 110 cab instead.

AstroSonic likes this.
  3. AidanB

AidanB

Nov 22, 2017
    I have an Eden EC10 and I really like it. I would say its perfect for home practice and acoustic gigs. I also use it for practice with a band but going through the PA and with quiet drummer. It has aux in, headphones, effects loop and tuner out. It's quite small and light and has a really nice tone and depth of bass especially with a dash of the enhance control. I use it mainly with a Fender Jazz bass.

4. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Not sure how small is small from your perspective, but the Mesa Walkabout 12 is modestly sized and is a wonderful sounding combo. You can also pull the Walkabout head from the combo and use it in other configs. Makes for a great, "small" combo that offers great flexibility and pretty much none of the compromises that can be associated with small(er) combo amps.

The Walkabout has been discontinued by Mesa but there are new units still available as well as used ones.

good luck.

Coolhandjjl likes this.
  5. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Fender Rumble 40 gets a lot of love.

AstroSonic likes this.
  6. AER Bottom-Line Amp one - if the price doesn't matter.

audiorep2 likes this.
  7. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I'm liking the look of this!
    Hevos Midget is also a contender, I think.