Small combo and 5 wires

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flipper, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Any thoughts on a 1x10 or 1x12 that can handle a b. I've got an active Ken Smith and a passive Skjold Design Fretless. I was thinking about a Baby Blue, but I've never played through one.

2. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

I have a newish Baby Blue II and it has no problems with the low "B" at low to moderate volume levels. When you really push it it does not work, but what can you expect from two 8" speakers. I'd recommend one, with the caveat that you don't need more than moderate levels (acoustic drums, elec. guitar in a coffee house or church).

Dan K.
  3. I have an old baby blue which worked great, as described, until it crapped out(after 12 years of very hard use). Doesn't owe me anything.
  4. Really just looking for a practise amp with THE tone.
  5. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Try a Nemesis by Eden N28S:
    Well build (despite of the "Made in China" issue),however better in every aspect than any Behringer combo;sturdy and light box;handles a B string without any problem (great if you consider that it has two 8''s);very versatile tonally and LOUD (if you need it for a small gig,it will surely do the job).
    I just got one a month ago and I'm very pleased about it (or,in other words,for what I payed for it).
    I'll post a complete review on this board in the appropriate section (inside pics,construction details and stuff) as soon as I'll have time.Until then,just give it a try!
  6. I try to avoid Musician's Enemy, but @ $419........ Are these new? If not what would a used one fetch?
  7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    You want a combo amp, right? And it's just for solo practice? Well, then I'd say you have tons of options, all relating to how loud you want to go. But one combo amp that I've been using and loving of late is the Baby Blue II.

8. Hey Tom,
    I'll always listen to a Skjold disciple. I'll try to find one to try out. I think I'll try to find this Nemesis as well. It's a whole lot cheaper. Maybe Pete will make one............Uhhhhhhhhh.......Pete, you out there?

Thanks for all the input!
  9. Any comments on bottom end difference between the 2x8 and the 1x10 version of the BB?