1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Small Combo Recommendations Wanted

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wayne Gulley, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Wayne Gulley

Wayne Gulley

Oct 2, 2005
    Hello bassists,
    If you have experience with a small combo that you really like please let me know what it is and why you like it. I'm looking for feedback for the Markbass briefcase, Phil Jones briefcase and other similar combos that are in the 100-150 watt range. Price is not necessarily an issue however under $1000 is my preference. Thanks!

2. I'm kind of partial to my Carvin combo. You can get it in several different speaker configurations, but the one with the 10" speaker would probably work for you. Its 200 watts without an ext cab, 250 with an ext. Weighs about 28 lbs, its very compact, has a line out and it sounds great, at least mine with the 15" speaker does. Some upright players like the little Carvin also. Check out the website and see what you think, and also check out the Carvin microbass thread. Another one that I have never tried but is somewhat along the lines of what you posted is I believe the GK MB150. This one can be mounted on a mike stand if you choose to.

3. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    Anything mentioned in this thread would do nicely... To the OP with either of the two you mentioned you cannot go wrong.... especially if money is not a big issue.

4. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Maryland
    I just got the Markbass Mini CMD 121P and love it. My band primarily plays small bars/clubs/events and it's great in those situations. I doubt I'll ever buy the extension cab, but I like having that option if needed. Best of all, I can load in with one trip with no hand cart.