Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Small girl beaten by cops

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by higgi, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a lot of respect for the law, and the officers that are concerned with the safety of their fellow citizens. The rave party thread got closed. So I just wanted to say from what I have read in blogs, the girl was attacked by a police dog and tried to save herself by running away, she was then tackled and subdued as you see in the video. She may have had drugs, who knows, but she tried to prevent a severe or even maiming injure and got beat for it. :scowl: Here is a link to where I found the blog.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'm not going to watch the video. I will say that anyone with ANY sense never runs from the police, especially a police dog. She got exactly what she deserved.

-Mike

3. Dogs arern't sentient. They do what they are trained to do, and you can't reason with a dog. What should the girl have done in that situation?

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Stopped and laid on the ground until the police called the dog off, and approached her. Yeah, it sucks to be getting chewed on by a dog, but it sucks worse to start running and then have a handful of police officers take you down.

-Mike

5. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Wow. Just wow. When will all the violent tolerance end?

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Once again:

1) She was at an illegal rave, with illegal drugs, illegal weapons, and underage drinkers.

2) If she wasn't there at a totally illegal event, she wouldn't of gotten a beat down.

3) The camera didn't get on her until after something happened... how do you know she didn't pull a gun or knife on the officers?

4) It's this overall rhetoric that cause real adults to not listen to kids. This is an argument on people crying like little babies cause they got busted. Period.

5) Don't hang out with dumb people and dumb things won't happen to you.

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    And BTW, how would stoned and drunk people really be able to recall events? Do you think that would hold up in court?

*Yes I may have taken a few drags off my friend's blunt, and a bump of some coke and a hit of X.....you know what I was also doing some shots off that chick's bigass tay tays.....BUT THOSE OFFICERS BEAT UP THAT LITTLE INNOCENT GIRL, I SAW IT MY OWN EYES*

Do you think a jury would see you as a credible witness?

:D

8. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I gotta ask; Are you guys serious? Police abuse is ok with you?:eyebrow:

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Ibanks, how far did you read into the other thread?

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    BTW, Ditto:

Drug abuse, Underage Drinking and Illegal Weapons at a rather large party OK with you?:eyebrow:

Would you want you son or daughter there?

11. Can't we all just get along? ;)

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I am serious.

No, police abuse is not OK. Neither is running from the police.

-Mike

13. Is not obaying the law or listening to officers okay with you ? You do the crime and you don't listen, expect retailation and penalization. Punishment was comming thier way, at a rave of probably hundreds of people you expect the police to say stop come over here blah blah, you have to realize they were in riot conditions, anything could have happened. Look at it through the eyes of the LEO's also.

14. I wouldn't have known to do that. If I was being attacked by an animal like that, I'd sure as hell run, especially in a panicked situation. Stopping and letting it maul me would be the last thing on my mental to-do list. Maybe after reading this thread I would have, but they never teach this type of expected behavior in school; I wouldn't have known to do that.

15. What crime?

16. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ok, I don't know this for certain, but I seem to recall these couple of facts from two sources: a show on TV (TLC, IIRC) and when my boy scouts troop went to a police academy for a day.
    The dogs will not "attack" unless given an order to.
    The dogs are kept on a leash at any given time, so they don't get away from the cop (unless they need to be unleashed).
    The dogs are trained to simply take down a criminal, and not much more.
    They know German! :p

So, if she was being "attacked" by this dog, then she did something to provoke the attack.
    And I side with NJL here fully. And MJ5150. If you're stupid enough to be at one of those, with illegal activities going on, then be prepared to be busted, get knocked down, and do some time. There's a thin line between taking control and abuse, and the police know this. I don't see any use of excessive force by a girl being taken down while running away from the police. I don't want these people getting away from their charges cos they can run away because people think that getting taken down is excessive force.

-Ray

17. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I suppose if I had no idea that it was a police dog, and no idea that the police were present, I may have done the same. I surely would have stopped running when I heard the police telling me to stop.

-Mike

18. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Panicked about what?? Carrying drugs? Weapons?? Being an underage drinker????

Let me guess - panicked for being busted? :D

Yeah, I would of panicked to.

19. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Dude, what do people do at raves? Get fu##### up. Period.
    Kids go to them and drink, do some drugs and get fu#### up.

You'll learn to not like this stuff when you get older, mayber when you own a home, car, etc. You can't pay your mortgage from jail or prison.

20. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I don't think you'll be worrying much about a mortage from jail... seeing as how you prolly wont own the property anymore, anyway :D.

-Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.