Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Small Help PLease!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mostho, Sep 15, 2002.

1. mostho

mostho

Aug 23, 2002
    Italy
    I want to buy an Akai Deep Impact oversea because someone told me that prices are more cheaper than here.

Please can someone post some addresses for shops online, also in PVT if it's not here allowed?

Many thanks,
    mostho

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  3. You can't tax purchases over the net because there is no universal tax for the entire world, meaning what ever online store you buy the akai deep impact from it will be cheaper than if you bought it in person from a local shop.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    As long as shipping isn't an issue.

5. True

6. Not quite true. I've been taxed a few times for purchases over the internet. Local tax laws still apply. Well, at least in Brazil...:mad:

7. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I've imported quite a few items to Sweden from the U.S. and always get hit with both customs fees (typically a couple of percent) and Swedish sales tax (25%!) so it very seldom pays economically. But if you can find what you want cheap somewhere within the E.U. there are no taxes added. (Provided Italy is part of the E.U. ??) I've found prices are often good in Germany or the U.K. Come to think of it, prices are always better in any other country than Sweden... :)

8. mostho

mostho

Aug 23, 2002
    Italy
    The links above are shipping only inside usa...
    :-(

Sometimes it happens to not pay taxes at local customs, and is easy to do someone said to me.

But i cannot risk...
    :)

---------------------------------
    I've found prices are often good in Germany or the U.K. Come to think of it, prices are always better in any other country than Sweden...
    --------------------------------------

and can you post the link please?

and if someone can help me more i wll be grateful!!

Thanks to all
    stefano