1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

small pedal with odd tone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheDastardlySir, Jul 1, 2014.

1. so i have a small space open on my board (and one power outlet left). i'm looking for something that will give an odd tone that'll make its presence known. i'd prefer it has a smaller chassis but i'll deal with it if it doesn't.

so far i'm looking into:
    - WMD geiger counter civilian issue
    - ZVEX fuzz factory
    - Mooer Lo Fi

i play in a hip hop group and have an electronic solo project. bit crushers are my favorite thing right now so that's kind of where i'm leaning but i'm open to suggestions

for reference, my board currently consists of:

-tuner (tu-3)
    -compressor (the warden)
    - synth/octave (micro synth)
    - fuzz (swollen pickle)
    - filter #1 (soundblox bef pro)
    - filter #2 (moogerfooger low pass)
    - loop (digitech jamman xt)

tell me what to buy! spend my money for me!

2. i have the mooer lo fi. it's my first bit crusher and it suits me fine as a toy. some usable tones for sure, but i think there are probably better bit crushers out there if you have the cash available. the sample knob just turns to static once you go about 1-2 o'clock

3. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    Well, I don't see a flanger there. With that, you could recreate the 70s or 80s and find a nice chorus sound. Might be worth your time to check it out. (find a used dod fx-72 if you can)

4. Yeah I think I only considered it for the price. For a few bucks more of just get the gcci and have a thousand more options

5. I had an electric mistress for a long time. Never used it.

6. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Having fun yet? Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Mt Vernon, NY
    EQD Rainbow Machine will definitely make its presence known. Its not necessarily small but check it out you may want to make room for it.

7. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    MXR Blue Box

8. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Anything by Copilot FX will make interesting/crazy textures and most have a relatively small profile.

9. sprag

sprag

Sep 15, 2011
    Melb Australia
    malleko bit

10. DagoMaino

DagoMaino

Feb 1, 2013
    Subdecay Vitruvian ring mod is on my gas list for similar type music... really interesting pedal, kind of a hybrid ring mod / synth. It can get pretty crazy... another thing to consider is a dirt box with a voltage sag (ie. Fuzzrocious Ram the Man Parts). You can get some pretty unique glitchy mayhem sounds out of that as well.

11. The crowther prunes & custard is really unique sounding, especially if you put a small stone after it.