1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Small Practice Amp...Fender vs. SWR

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassjam99, May 13, 2010.

1. bassjam99

bassjam99

Apr 21, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I am looking at two small practice amps for the house and not sure in which direction to go. I have a Fender BXR 25 which is OK. I love SWR amps and have an opportunity to pick up a like new SWR LA 10 Series. I could flip mine for what the LA 10 would cost so money is not an issue. I am just wondering would I be getting a better amp or just a push and I'm just swept up in SWR mania. Any input would help.

2. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    the fender bxr isnt that bad... you dont need tone for a little practice amp.

3. bassjam99

bassjam99

Apr 21, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Thank you my friend for providing input to a beginning bass player! :bassist:

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The SWR LA series is their bottom of the heap amps. Not even as well reguarded as the Workingman's, or WorkingPro's, which are still below SWR's real pro-line. Stick with your Fender, save your money, and buy a bigger, better amp when the time comes.

5. bassjam99

bassjam99

Apr 21, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Thank you for the advice! :)