Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Small Rig Ampeg 250 + Bergantino 1x12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Arnold, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Hey everybody. I live in NYC and am looking for the ultimate in portability without a sound compromise. I checked out the Ampeg 250 with a Bergantino 1x12 and was mighty impressed. I think I would probably also get the second 1x12 if I go this way. I'm interested in trying the new Eden 1x10 and the 330 amp they make, and sometimes I think of going back to the hartke 2x10 and the GK 400RB. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the bergie could make a cardboard box sound amazing. ;) if you wanna try another cool 1x12 or 2x10 that's mad light, drop by Rudy's and try out their Ampeg Portabass cabs. Scott let me crank thru one, and it wasnt half bad. aint no bergie, but then again, what is?... :D

if you want a 2x10, try the aforementioned ampeg or Aguilar 2x10. one of the lighter conventional 2x10's, but with great tone. Bergie's 2x10 is IMHO, the butt kickin'est best, but its a little weighty.

but your setup seems pretty nice. if you're more of a rock guy, an Eden WT400 pushes out some great woolly, warm tone.

or you could opt for an EA iAMP350 for that quicker than lightning SS, airy slap tone you've been searchin' for.