Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Small rig idea shot to hell -- Just got an EBS combo instead!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by junglebike, Apr 8, 2003.

1. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Well, after a month, my small rig idea just wasn't meant to be. The idea was to use my Raven Labs preamp, a Stewart amp, and EA Cxl110 speaker.

But, as I posted, I can't seem to get anyone to sell me a Stewart that works. I sent off the last broken one I got to be repaired, as the folks who sold it to me wouldn't take it back :mad: Well, the amp shop doesn't know how to fix it, so they're sending it to Stewart... tick, tick tick...

Meanwhile, the Cx110 isn't quite enough for the gigs I've been doing. The Raven Labs pre, tho wonderfully transparent, just doesn't have a flexible enough eq.

So... I jumped at the chance to grab a high-dollar boutique amp for relatively cheap. I'm selling the aforementioned stuff and getting an EBS Taurus 2x10 combo, the ancestor of the Gorm combo. It's puts 240W into its 210, and is apparently loud as hell. Also has an ocataver, compressor, semi-parametric eq, and chorus. And I got it for $650, far cheaper than any separates system I could muster.

I can't wait. God, sometimes it's a pain in the ass buying used stuff...

2. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
  3. Sweet! As the owner of a Fafner, I know you'll be happy.

4. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Woah, dude -- you're in Ithaca! I was born and raised there!

Thanks -- I can't wait for it to arrive... gonna be a long week.

Weather out here's a little better. I took a dip in the Pacific yesterday. :D Now's the worst time of the year in Ithaca. I miss it, though.

5. You may calmy, gently, deliberately eat my ass now.

6. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah... people get reeeal grumpy this time of year in Ithaca...

you in school there, or a native?

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Unique port on that. I'd love to check out one of the EBS 1x12 combos.

brad cook

8. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That combo rules! Congratulations.. I like those much more than the gorms, the taurus has lots of low end but is still very tight sounding.

9. School. I'm a senior at Cornell--so much so that I'm ditching a class right now. (I am not in the mood to talk about Virginia Woolf today.)

10. You've bought yourself a great amp! :) I got back mine a week ago (it's been standing at my mom's place) and it sounds so good... To get a sound I like I just boost the mids a little and leave everything else flat. I'm confident that you'll be happy with it

11. junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Great! Do I need to learn how to speak Swedish, now? :D

I can't wait to get it...