1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Small spacing

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bugbass, Apr 17, 2006.

1. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway
    Because of tendinitis, I will try to play a bass with smaller spacing than my Sadowsky Modern5. I prefer a jazz type bass, like Lull, but are open for suggestions. Must have a good B

2. The Rogue 5 strings are tightly spaced. The Peavey Millenium 5 string is also. The Peavey is a good value, heavey bridge, 5 bolt neck, large strap buttons, nice sound.

3. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Ibanez's have pretty tight spacing as well.

4. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Carvin too!

and Conklin Groove Tools...

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    As far as other suggestions go, stingray5. The spacing is not as wide as a stingray 4.

6. bugbass

bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    Norway
    Thanks for the comments. Never been a fan of Carvin and Stingrays, and I would rather not go down in quality, so I`m prepared to pay some.
    What about F-bass?

7. earlc

earlc

May 23, 2004
    Northern Virginia
    Modulus.

8. F bass is 19mm like your sad
    Modulus is usually 18mm (depends on the model)
    Carvins are 19mm

Zon, Musicman, Smith, Roscoe, Lull, Musicman, Warwicks, and Fender J's all have 17mm which is too tight for me!

9. Most of Warwick's 5-strings are 16.5mm standard

Way too tight for my preference, but it might be just what you're looking for.

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    If he has tendonitis im not sure a big beefy warwick neck would help, but you never know. It might be just the thing, since it would sit in his palm, not in his fingertips.

11. Zon's have pretty tight string spacing. I dig it.

12. where do you guys measure your spacing? at the nut? just off the bridge? over the pups?

i was just wondering this earlier today when comaring my MIM Jazz V and my new SX fretless V - the SX is much tighter and much more comfortable for me.

13. I pretty sure he means by the bridge. Thats what I meant anyways. :)