1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Small travel effects case w/power supply

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rob Mancini, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    OK, after searching on here for info, I have come away more confused than ever about what I need. Here is my situation:

I haven't used pedals in a long time, but all of a sudden I've got a bunch of small items that I want to take on fly gigs so I'm looking to put together a small pedalboard. In this pedalboard will be an EBS Microbass II, an FMR Really Nice Compressor, and two X2 XDS95 portable wirelesses. I don't need a hardshell case (unless it's very light) since it will go in my luggage and I'll hand carry it to the gig, so I want something ultra-light. Gator made something that looks like it might work, but it's been discontinued, so does anyone know of any similar products that are good and could hold up without costing an arm and a leg?

Also, I need a power supply so I can get rid of these hideous wall warts. They all run on 9 volts, the Microbass requires 10mA regulated, the RNC requires 500 mA, and the wirelesses require 100 mA each. This Godlyke Power-All is catching my eye because of its size and price and claims of handling 1.7 amps. So do you think it's up to powering what I have? The only one that seems demanding is the RNC so they should work with the Power-All, right?

I will thank you in advance of all the great advice I'm about to get.

2. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    If youre going to stick with those few items, maybe a laptop bag would work? Those are pretty good protection and should be cheap in any area.

With you current requirements a one-spot or power-all should be fine for your needs.

3. RD

RD

Jun 17, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    If you want a small pedal board, do a search in musical instruments on ebay for such. You can also find many power supply possibilities.
    I think Warwick made or makes a "rockbag" with a pedal board in it, which is pretty small and cheap.
    RD

4. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    The 1 Spot is cheaper and equally good. I'd go for that over the Godlyke.

Gator makes a Pedal Tote board with a soft case that will work for your needs.

BUT DO NOT PROCEED YET!

Your RNC is 9VAC. I repeat, AC. It will not work on a DC power supply. So you're stuck with the wall wart solution for that comp. The rest should be fine on a 1 Spot or similar power supply.

5. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    In that case, I could probably just buy a daisy chain for my EBS's power supply and use it to power the wirelesses and use the wall wart for the RNC. The RNC was my main concern.

Thanks for the advice everyone...any more ideas about pedalboard bags or cases, please let me know.

6. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    They are surprisingly heavy though. I've got the large one and it must weigh 20lbs without pedals. Every time I pick it up I wish I'd bought a pedaltrain.