small world / big bass

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by farmerdude, Jan 14, 2002.

1. While at KC Strings last Friday, I bumped into "some guy" playing around in the bass room. I overheard his name and introduced myself as "farmerdude"......Mr. Martin Sheridan almost fell over with laughter.:D Great to meet you Martin. You are the second TBer I have had the privilege of face to face. I met Mr. Vanderbrook in December. Hope to run into more of you guys in the future.
  2. I know this is truly off-off topic, but hows the aluminum upright going? did you get one of those plastic bridges yet?

I was just reading the setup thread and someone was asking about really hard wood bridges and I thought of you and the plastic bridge.

I wish I lived up in the northeast, nearer to most of you guys. But alas I'm in south Fla., BTW it was 78 degrees here today:p
  3. Eat your heart out! It made it up to 28 degrees here today and we had 6 inches of new snow. It must be rough living with that torrid heat.
  4. Well, the aluminum bass looks good. I'll leave it at that. It's the 4th one I know of in town. The guy from BR549 bought one so that makes 3 now. (that I know of)
    I got the plastic bridge today. I installed it on my aluminum (not good) and one of my plywoods. (still not good) So overall I say its not good. The bridge made my K&K sound like a Fishman. Also, they give you 3 sets of feet for height adj. None of them were high enough. Oh and the string spacings (pre cut) were spread out from edge of board to edge of board. Wierd. My wife said it made my bass sound like a childs toy. :eek:

With this lovely global warming Kansas City feels more like Oklahoma City in the winter. :D
  5. :( B U M M E R

I suppose you could re-ebay it.